Educationally I've always gravitated towards an alternative means of health care, specifically women's health. I have a background in Massage Therapy and Traditional Chinese Medicine yet I yearned for something more intimate and meaningful to make into my life's work and has lead me here. I am grateful that I have dedicated myself to such a rewarding career of empowering women and their families. I firmly believe that a persons experience can effect not just the choices they make in the future but also their outlook on life and shape who they become and there is nothing more satisfying than helping a family build a positive foundation for their lives together.
Parenthood is such a transformational journey for a couple/ individual. As a postpartum doula, I'm able empower new parents in unexpected ways. I provide support for the entire family and ease the transition into parenthood. I provide guidance and support for the entire family and help with day-today tasks.
WHAT IS A DOULA?
"Doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained/ experienced person whom provides consistent physical, emotional and informational support for a mother either before, during and/or after birth.
A POSTPARTUM DOULA
- Offers educational information, nourishing companionship and nonjudgmental support during the postpartum period.
- Assists with newborn care (feedings, soothing techniques), family adjustments (allowing parents the time to eat and sleep), meal preparations and light household tidying.
- Offers evidence- based information in regards to infant feeding, emotional and physical recovery from birth, coping and soothing infant techniques for new parents and make referrals when necessary.
What are the benefits of placenta applications and consumption?
- Hormonal fluctuation can reduce Postpartum Depression and “Baby Blues”
- You’ll have more vitality soon after birth.
- Helps establish your milk supply
- Reduces postpartum bleeding
- Less pain and discomfort, helping the uterus return to its pre-pregnant state
- Helps to replenish vitamins & minerals (specifically iron) that are lost during pregnancy and birth
- Helps heal cesarean scars, perineal tears, skin rashes, sore/ cracked nipples and more...